iconmobile is an international product innovation company globally headquartered in Berlin (Germany) with further offices in Santa Monica, Detroit and Shanghai.
We are part of the WPP network blending more than a decade of design and user experience with deep technical expertise and business sense. With our clients from various industries like Automotive, Consumer Products, Financial Services and Health Care we aim for innovative solutions that are both commercially successful and game changing.
Our mission is to grow and transform businesses through the creation of new digital services and products with a focus on creating compelling user experiences to establish successful customer relationships.
Design is at the heart of what we do, fuelled by our curiosity and the passion to deliver the best possible results. Our creative thinking is end to end, starting with ideas and paper, informing design of user experiences, while in parallel we validate technical feasibility and implement software and hardware prototypes. Our efforts are punctuated with future showcases or industrialized products at scale.
about the position
iconmobile is searching for a Director of Project Management to join our team in Santa Monica, CA. The Director of Project Management is a PM rockstar, a natural-born leader, a creative technologist at heart, can oversee management of our projects from inception to delivery, and works with leadership on generating cutting-edge projects for the team.
This position works closely with our business development team and department heads, as well as our other studios on collaborative projects across the globe. The Director of Project Management oversees ongoing coordination of personnel and resources required to successfully complete projects. The role will be responsible for process design and optimization in areas spanning from project delivery and vendor management, to resourcing, scheduling, and project controlling.
Your quest, should you choose to accept it:
Cross-Functional Team Management
- Work with the leadership team to allocate labor resources to active projects
- Work with global teams on collaborative projects across studios
- Be a leader to project teams on client deliverables
- Manage process supervision and enforcement
- Coordinate workload forecast based on pipeline
- Mentor, coach, and support employee personal development
- Act as the point of contact for first escalation level on projects
Project Delivery Review
- Collaborate with the business development team on new business pitch management
- Acquisition cost controlling
- Create, review, and scope SOWs for new business with the leadership team
- Support the Project / Program Manager with scheduling deliverables
- Update status reports, communicate resourcing needs and availabilities globally
- Lead project health reporting
Controlling / Reporting / Forecasting
- Coordinate project-related billing
- Assist the studio COO and CXO in drafting QxRF resourcing and project budgets
- Ensure sales pipe is current to support accurate P&L
- Work with the Controller to ensure financial stability of projects all-up
Resourcing and Freelance:
- Manage weekly resource meeting and flag issues via PM team
- Work with the Human Resources Manager to oversee proper onboarding of freelancers and temporary employees as appropriate.
- Identify company needs and make staffing recommendations based on pipeline and labor / resource allocation
- Define and own process design and optimization
- Maintain SOW process
- Revise and maintain post mortem process
- Enforce proper COGS request process
- Enforce project check process with team to ensure Percentage of Completion accuracy
- Maintain and improve process to ensure compliance
- Define, create, and recommend project management and controlling tools.